13 September 2013


Title: Gargoyle Addiction (Otherworlds Summons #1)
Author: Livia Olteano
Publisher: July 12, 2013
Genre: NA Paranormal Romance
From: the Author
Format: eARC
Add to: Goodreads
Order a copy online: Amazon, Barnes and Noble, All Romance eBooks, OmniLit, Smashwords Amazon UK

NOTE: This is a "New Adult" novel. Due to mature content this title is recommended for ages 17+
Synopsis: Summonari don’t trust. Under their command, they summon any number of creatures from the Otherwolds—but never trust them outside of the summoning.

Gargoyles don’t love. Fierce descendants of dragons, they function on power and fear—never love.

Karla isn’t the happily-ever-after type of girl. No territory-hungry guy is going to stick flags all over her unclaimed grounds.

Kann’s world is death and betrayal. As Dar Primus of Haus Varis, he’s expected to follow tradition but he’s not your regular gargoyle. In fact, he’s anything but.

One fateful Friday night, Otherworlds collide. Stuck together in one world or another, Karla and Kann face everything from Awakenings and turbulent love to Festnavals and bloodthirsty scorned suitors.

If there’s one thing they can’t escape, it’s the addiction to each other. And they’ve got it bad.

Review: 3 Stars - Gargoyle Addiction is the first title in the Otherworld’s Summons series by author Livia Olteano. Being both supernatural and “New Adult” I couldn’t wait to read this title in one of my favorite genre’s and a favorite category.

Karla unknowingly summons Kann who is none other than Gargoyle royalty. How the whole summoning thing happened was rather cool and then learning the back story was one of the aspects of the story I looked forward to the most.

Karla is pretty much on her own with the exception of a few friends. After her mother and grandmother both passed away at a young age Karla remains alone in the house she’s always known. After summoning Kann her world is turned upside down when she learns who she really is, who she’s a descendant of and how she was able to make Kann magically appear out of thin air.

Kann doesn’t want to be where he’s at. He’s stuck in the human world and needs to find his way out of the summoning and back home as quick as possible. Only thing, he’s drawn to Karla and wants to know more about the woman who brought him to the human world.

The two have a weird electric relationship. It’s almost one of those insta-love type things but I could kind of see it happening quicker for Karla for her own reasons, which I won’t giveaway. Let’s just say she somewhat knew about Kann before he appeared.

Kann is cocky through and through. What he knows, how he was raised and what he wants is all about to change because of a girl. His struggles were apparent. As were Karla’s and watching the two deal with such different realities and worlds was front and center.

Now, while the copy I read was an ARC I had a hard time understanding who was whom. At the beginning of many of the chapters I had to read on to figure out who was speaking and then come back to re-read it to see it from whose true point of view the author had intended it be read in. It was somewhat distracting and I hope this was cleared up in edits.

While I did enjoy it and I liked reading about Karla and Kann’s journey there was something a bit lacking that made me fall short from loving it. And trust me; I really wanted to love it. However in my eyes a 3 star review isn’t bad. I did like it, just didn’t love it.

All in all, it’s a quick and entertaining read and has some pretty interesting twists to the story and the authors’ lore when it came to Gargoyle’s was unique. I had hoped that we’d get to read more about these two characters and when checking with the authors website it looks like the next book in the Otherworld’s series will be about dragons! While I’m bummed it won’t be a continuation on these two characters and there ever changing lives I am looking forward to reading her take on Dragons. Those that are fans of “New Adult” and are looking for something other than a contemporary title should give this one a try. Enjoy.


Author Bio: 

Livia lives in Europe where she listens to obscene amounts of music and devours every reading material in sight. When she’s not doing either of the two, she fiddles with anything remotely customizable within reach.

Author links:

WebsiteTwitter | Facebook | Goodreads


Find the Author

Follow me on Twitter     /     Be friends with me on Goodreads
Subscribe to my RSS Feed

2 comments:

  1. You make the romance sounds really intriguing I'm curious about the whole thing now. I especially like the use of gargoyles in this story I think that make sit unique and kind of fascinating. Great review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for being part of the tour and for your thoughtful review!
    Sorry to hear you're bummed about Karla & Kan not being the main couple of the second book, but their story will progress through the rest of the series too, though not as main pair but secondary characters :)

    ReplyDelete

Comment and let me know your thoughts on this post.

Twitter Goodreads Email

Recently Read


Blog Archive

Search the Blog!

Learn more about RAK

Book Soulmates
Xpresso Book Tours

Total Pageviews

Copyright

FTC Disclaimer:

In accordance with FTC Guidelines, I have not received any monetary gain for any information posted within the pages of this website/blog. Any and all information has been provided by the publisher, author and or publicist for free. Content is also based on purchases made by myself or of my guest reviewer(s). Any and all opinions expressed within the pages of this website/blog are solely my own or those of the authors of any and all guest reviewers(s) or guest bloggers.



Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Hi, I’m Lisa and I'm a proud bibliophile.

I enjoy reading and reviewing a variety of different books within the Young Adult, "New Adult" & Adult genres/categories. If you have any questions or if you are an author or publisher and would be interested in promoting a book, please feel free email. You can find my email under the "mail" button or under the contact link at the top of the page.

I look forward to hearing from you!


Authors, Publishers & Publicists

Have a book you'd like me to review or Promote? How about doing an Author Interview? Or maybe a Guest Post? Great! I'd love to! For more information about having your book reviewed here, please follow this link for more information:

Reviews, Interviews, Guest Posts and Contest.

Guest Reviewer Jenny

Guest Reviewer Jenny
Click for info & links to her reviews!

My Ratings

When I review I rate from 1 to 5 stars, 5 being the highest rating. I review based on many different things from the writing, to the story - to the characters and how I can relate to them or how they are developed. I also review based on if an author has worked their magic and was able to draw me into a story so deeply that I don't want to put the book down. If you would like me to review a book, please contact me or view my Contact Information and Review Policy for further details.

5 Stars - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!
4 Stars - I Really liked/Loved it.
3 Stars - I liked it/Was pretty good.
2 Stars - It was, eh okay.
1 Star - It just wasn't for me.

Followers

Follow the Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow By Email

Enter your email address:

Grab Me!

Blogs I Love