09 January 2013

Review: Down To You By: M. Leighton

Title: Down To You (The Bad Boys, #1)
Author: M. Leighton
Publisher: Smashwords, 215 Pages (September 21st, 2012)
From: purchased from Amazon
Format: eBook
Add to: Goodreads

NOTE: Genre: Adult Contemporary Romance- Please be advised that this book is NOT YA friendly, not even in a New Adult category!

Synopsis: The scorching tale of one girl, two brothers and a love triangle…that’s not.

Olivia Townsend is nothing special. She’s just a girl working her way through college so she can return home to help her father run his business. She’s determined not to be the second woman in his life to abandon him, even if it means putting her own life on hold. To Olivia, it’s clear what she must do. Plain and simple. Black and white.

But clear becomes complicated when she meets Cash and Nash Davenport. They’re brothers. Twins.

Cash is everything she’s always wanted in a guy. He’s a dangerous, sexy bad boy who wants her in his bed at any cost. He turns her insides to mush and, with just one kiss, makes her forget why he’s no good for her.

Nash is everything she’s ever needed in a guy. He’s successful, responsible and intensely passionate. But he’s taken. Very taken, by none other than Marissa, Liv’s rich, beautiful cousin. That doesn’t stop Olivia from melting every time he looks at her, though. With just one touch, he makes her forget why they can never be together.

Black and white turns to shades of gray when Olivia discovers the boys are hiding something, something that should make her run as far and as fast as she can. But it’s too late to run. Olivia’s already involved. And in love. With both of them.

Both brothers make her heart tremble. Both brothers set her body on fire.

She wants them both.

And they want her.

How will she ever choose between them?

Review: 5 Stars - Down to You, the first book in The Bad Boys series from author M. Leighton takes readers on a wild ride filled with twists and turns and moments that’ll leave you ready for a cold shower!

Olivia is pretty straight forward. She knows what she wants to do with her life and is out to make that happen – not letting mistakes of her past repeat in her present and her future. She’s guarded in many  ways and a major one being that she doesn't want to let the wrong person, or guy into her life. She’s been down the road of falling for the bad boy before and is bound and determined to keep her head down, finish school and head home to help her dad out with the family farm. Pretty simple plan for a girl with a good head on her shoulders despite some bumps in her past and a mother who’ll make any of us cringe.

Just when she thinks she’s dealing and making do, she comes face to face with Cash. Needless to say that chance meeting didn't go how either planned. It was a crack up to read and I loved watching that scene unfold in all its glory.

What Olivia doesn't know is that her horrible cousin and roommate is dating Nash, who just happens to be Cash’s twin brother and the good to Cash’s bad boy self. So, we have Cash, the bad boy club owner and then Nash the good boy lawyer dating her roommate. Oh what a tangled web that’s about to wrap Olivia up nice and tight once these two guys get her in their snare.

Cash and Nash are the best of both worlds. I couldn't figure out who I liked more or had a book boy crush on, but in the end it’s usually the bad boy who wins me over so I knew Cash would have an edge on Nash. But trust me, those scales kept tipping in the others favor from beginning to end.

The story itself is twisty and hot and wonderful in more ways that I can even form words for. When it’s not hot, the twisty takes over. When it’s not twisty it heats right back up and sometimes Michelle has found ways to make the twisty and hot merge into one and it’ll make you melt into a puddle.

All in all, Michelle knows how to write pretty fantastic female and male characters. Her story has it all and then some in the beginning of this multi-layered tale that’ll have you gasping and “Oh no she didn't"  right through to the end. And what an end it is, cliffhanger and all! Without a doubt Michelle is a favorite for me and an auto-buy and read author. She is hands down at the top of my list of favorite authors and everyone should be on the lookout for all she has in store for us and the world next. I highly recommend this title and all of her other works. Go out and read a M.Leighton book today!

FTC Disclaimer: I DID pay for this book, and have NOT been compensated at all in any way or means for reading this book and or writing this HONEST review.

Find the Author

Follow me on Twitter     /     Be friends with me on Goodreads
Subscribe to my RSS Feed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment and let me know your thoughts on this post.

Twitter Goodreads Email

Recently Read


Blog Archive

Search the Blog!

Learn more about RAK

Book Soulmates
Xpresso Book Tours

Total Pageviews

Copyright

FTC Disclaimer:

In accordance with FTC Guidelines, I have not received any monetary gain for any information posted within the pages of this website/blog. Any and all information has been provided by the publisher, author and or publicist for free. Content is also based on purchases made by myself or of my guest reviewer(s). Any and all opinions expressed within the pages of this website/blog are solely my own or those of the authors of any and all guest reviewers(s) or guest bloggers.



Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Hi, I’m Lisa and I'm a proud bibliophile.

I enjoy reading and reviewing a variety of different books within the Young Adult, "New Adult" & Adult genres/categories. If you have any questions or if you are an author or publisher and would be interested in promoting a book, please feel free email. You can find my email under the "mail" button or under the contact link at the top of the page.

I look forward to hearing from you!


Authors, Publishers & Publicists

Have a book you'd like me to review or Promote? How about doing an Author Interview? Or maybe a Guest Post? Great! I'd love to! For more information about having your book reviewed here, please follow this link for more information:

Reviews, Interviews, Guest Posts and Contest.

Guest Reviewer Jenny

Guest Reviewer Jenny
Click for info & links to her reviews!

My Ratings

When I review I rate from 1 to 5 stars, 5 being the highest rating. I review based on many different things from the writing, to the story - to the characters and how I can relate to them or how they are developed. I also review based on if an author has worked their magic and was able to draw me into a story so deeply that I don't want to put the book down. If you would like me to review a book, please contact me or view my Contact Information and Review Policy for further details.

5 Stars - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!
4 Stars - I Really liked/Loved it.
3 Stars - I liked it/Was pretty good.
2 Stars - It was, eh okay.
1 Star - It just wasn't for me.

Followers

Follow the Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow By Email

Enter your email address:

Grab Me!

Blogs I Love