25 October 2012

Crossroads Tour: Christine Fonseca



Could you tell us a bit about – first as a writer, then as a reader – what the pull is for you when it comes to Paranormal/Supernatural characters & stories?

Great question. As a writer, I am pulled into the intrigue and endless possibilities available in the paranormal/supernatural world. I love the idea of these supernatural characters that are still so … human. The complexity of that is very intriguing to me.

As a reader, I like the endless possibilities as well. And who doesn’t like a hunky bad boy, fallen angel? I mean, seriously!

The second book in your Requiem series – Libera Me is releasing later this month. For readers out there who might not have heard about these books before, could you talk a bit about this series?

Sure. The series is a Romeo and Juliet styled love story that my readers have said is a Supernatural meets Buffy. In the first novel, the reader is introduced to Nesy, a warrior teenage angel – best of her class – and the UnHoly she is meant to vanquish, Aydan. Unbeknownst to both of them, they have a history together…one that will now threaten both of their worlds. Add to that an iconic battle between good and evil, and you have the makings for a rather intense series that focuses on love and sacrifice.

You also had another release recently – Transcend. Huge congratulations on both books. I seriously can’t wait to read this one! Transcend is contemporary and your Requiem series is Paranormal. Can you talk about how writing one verses the other was for you? What was the easiest and most difficult part in writing two very different books?

Transcend was much more difficult to write for me. Largely because it is about the inner workings of the mind, something much more frightening than anything in the paranormal realm. It is also a thriller and the construction of the story was difficult. But writing it honed in some of my story construction skills that I have sense used in every book I now write.

In terms of the easiest and hardest parts of writing the books, that is a little tricky. With the Requiem series, the easiest part is probably writing Aydan. He is a character that has been with me for a long time. I lovingly refer to him as my muse, is inspires so much of my writing. The hardest part…writing Nesy. She alluded me for a long time. But as the series came together, she has become one of my favorite characters.

With Transcend, it was all hard. The emotions, the story construction, everything was a raw and gut-wrenching experience. And completely worth it in the end. At least, I hope readers will think so.

And lastly, how about a fun question? Being that it’s the scariest time of the year – Halloween – what’s your favorite?

Scary Book: I am a classic horror freak! And yes, Phantom of the Opera is one of my favs. Along with The Legend of Sleepy Hallow
Scary Movie: The Nightmare on Elmstreet series was a fav when I was in my twenties – scared the heck out of me. Now, the Ring does that!
Halloween Candy: Candy Corn. Yep. Love it.
Costume from Halloween’s Past: When I was in college I dressed up as a very sexy bat – think Elvira with bat-wings. LOVED that costume.


Title: Transcend
Author: Christine Fonseca
Publisher: Compass Press, 314 Pages (September 18th, 2012)
Add to: Goodreads

Synopsis: All seventeen-year-old composer Ien Montgomery desires is an escape from his family's rigid expectations for his life; someone to inspire his music. When he meets a beautiful violin-prodigy, Kiera McDougal, his life music takes on new life. With her, he imagines a future outside of his parents’ control. That is, until a horrible accident tears them apart.

Sent to die in a sanatorium, Ien’s obsession for Kiera grows unbearable. Tortured by thoughts he can’t escape and the truth of his monstrous disfigurement, he flees, desperate to exact revenge on the people that ruined his life – his parents. But, vengeance is empty. Betrayed by those closest to him, Ien discovers that the price for his happiness may be his sanity.

Set amidst the landscape of New York's Gilded Age, and inspired by Phantom of the Opera, TRANSCEND exposes the fine line between love and madness.




Find Christine Online: 


Order Christine's Books Online:

GIVEAWAY!

How the Crossroads Tour Giveaway works

All the authors got together and decided, instead of each blog getting one or two titles to giveaway - they'd have a single grand prize - a real doozie. With that in mind each blogger is asked to encourage readers to answer the daily trivia/research question on the tour main page. (http://judithgraves.com/events/the-crossroads-tour/crossroads-2011/) At the end of the tour all answers have to be emailed to judithgraves@ymail.com by midnight on the 29th. 

So, it's your job, to head over to the mail tour page I've linked above, read the question and go find the answer in the posts for that day. Make sure you get your answers in by the deadline - October 29th at Midnight!

Entries will be put in a drawing and a winner chosen randomly.

And I bet you're wondering what the heck this amazing prize is? How about a FREE KINDLE PRELOADED with an eBOOK from each of the Crossroads authors???

The more questions you answer, the better, so be sure to check back each day!

Any questions? Please send them my way!

Find the Author

Follow me on Twitter     /     Be friends with me on Goodreads
Subscribe to my RSS Feed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment and let me know your thoughts on this post.

Twitter Goodreads Email

Recently Read


Blog Archive

Search the Blog!

Learn more about RAK

Book Soulmates
Xpresso Book Tours

Total Pageviews

Copyright

FTC Disclaimer:

In accordance with FTC Guidelines, I have not received any monetary gain for any information posted within the pages of this website/blog. Any and all information has been provided by the publisher, author and or publicist for free. Content is also based on purchases made by myself or of my guest reviewer(s). Any and all opinions expressed within the pages of this website/blog are solely my own or those of the authors of any and all guest reviewers(s) or guest bloggers.



Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Hi, I’m Lisa and I'm a proud bibliophile.

I enjoy reading and reviewing a variety of different books within the Young Adult, "New Adult" & Adult genres/categories. If you have any questions or if you are an author or publisher and would be interested in promoting a book, please feel free email. You can find my email under the "mail" button or under the contact link at the top of the page.

I look forward to hearing from you!


Authors, Publishers & Publicists

Have a book you'd like me to review or Promote? How about doing an Author Interview? Or maybe a Guest Post? Great! I'd love to! For more information about having your book reviewed here, please follow this link for more information:

Reviews, Interviews, Guest Posts and Contest.

Guest Reviewer Jenny

Guest Reviewer Jenny
Click for info & links to her reviews!

My Ratings

When I review I rate from 1 to 5 stars, 5 being the highest rating. I review based on many different things from the writing, to the story - to the characters and how I can relate to them or how they are developed. I also review based on if an author has worked their magic and was able to draw me into a story so deeply that I don't want to put the book down. If you would like me to review a book, please contact me or view my Contact Information and Review Policy for further details.

5 Stars - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!
4 Stars - I Really liked/Loved it.
3 Stars - I liked it/Was pretty good.
2 Stars - It was, eh okay.
1 Star - It just wasn't for me.

Followers

Follow the Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow By Email

Enter your email address:

Grab Me!

Blogs I Love