26 May 2011

ArmchairBEA: Relationships in Book Blogging

When I first started blogging I had no idea what I was in store for. I visited/lurked around a few blogs back then and finally thought I'd give it a try.

Since the start of my blog, I have met some amazing people. I've had people come to my aid for various things, big and small. Each person I've met through my blog has been left a mark in one way or another. Some of those people have turned into great friends.

Books, book lovers and blogging all go hand in hand for me. We're a group of people who are passionate about books and the authors behind them.

Some bloggers who have made a difference in my life are...

Jessica from Confessions of a Bookaholic - She might as well be my twin. We're very much alike in just about everything. She's my partner in crime and quickly has become my best friend. She's there for me and listens to everything from books to life and without her, my blogging life not to mention life in general, would be lacking. Her blog is a favorite of mine. We co-host events together and without her I don't know what the blogging world, or my life would be like. Now, to find houses to buy side by side to each other and all will be right in the world.

Natalie from Mindful Musings - Natalie's been a friend from pretty close to the beginning and last summer I had the chance to get to know her better. She's such a sweet and caring person and has truly made my almost two years of blogging better because of her friendship. As for her blog, I have to say that you can always count on her for honest and extremely thoughtful and well written reviews. Love her blog, so check it out!

Brianna from The Book Vixen - Soon after I started my blog I found hers. She was right there offering some amazing tips and tricks. Not only did she go out of your way to help out a fellow blogger when I was in my infant stages, but she did it in a way that made me feel welcome. She has always been so great to me and I can't say thank you enough for all you give to the book blogging community and to me as a friend. Being that she's "local", I hope that someday we're able to meet at a book event and hang out. Her blog is one of my favorites and if you haven't stopped by, be sure to head on over soon.

Julie from My 5 Monkeys - What can I say about my friend Julie? She's kind and caring and makes time for everyone. Her "Get to know bloggers" feature has been fun and I'm always excited when she sends out a new set of questions. Being part of that has made me feel like I'm even more part of the blogging community and I can't thank her for asking me to be part of such a great group of bloggers for it. With her blog you can find a large variety of things, from books to her kids. She always has something great, so visit today.

ReaganStar from Star Shadow Blog - We've been affiliates for awhile now and just recently We've started talking more. I'm thankful for her friendship and I hope we continue getting to know each other for a long time to come. It's great making new friends and I'm happy to call ReaganStar one. Check out her blog for great reviews!

Pam from Midnyte Reader - Pam is another new-ish friend. We've bonded over things and have recently been emailing and chatting on twitter more. She's so sweet and really, I feel like I've known her forever. Her blog is pretty great too! Check it out, leave some comments for her soon.

Nikki from Wicked Awesome Books - Nikki... I have to say that this is a girl who went out of her way to listen to me and talk to me about something that I was going through not to long ago. It says a lot to go out of your way for someone who you only know in passing. She went above and beyond and I can't tell her thank you enough for that. Not to mention she has a pretty blog with some "Awesome" reviews too, so what are you waiting for?

Aly from Kid Lit Frenzy - Aly is a very recent friend that I've met through, what turned out to be, crazy circumstances. I'm thankful for finding her as a friend and I can't wait to someday meet her in person at a book event. It's always great having/knowing there are fellow book bloggers who you can meet up with and she's one I look forward to seeing. She has a great blog and goes out of her way to talk about books for teens and kids of all ages.

Tons of friends on Twitter - you are all highly entertaining people!  When I ramble, you are always there to listen or, well, just let me ramble. Either way, thank you for that. Twitter, I feel is a huge part of the Book Blogging Community in how it has found many ways to bring us all closer and share in the many epic book and author events that happen throughout the country and sometimes the world.

My followers, old and new - without you... things would be quiet around here. I blog for myself, but having you there, with me... along for the ride makes the time I put into things here so much more worth it. Thank you for taking the time to read and comment.

Blogs I love - besides the blogs already mentioned, here's a few others you should stop by soon: My Overstuffed Bookshelf, Book Obsession, The Fiction Enthusiast, I Just Wanna Sit Here and Read, Dreaming of Books, Pure Imagination, Electrifying Reviews, LA FEMME READERS, Good Choice Reading, Teens Read and Write, The O.W.L.,  and so many others! Just check out my Blog Roll or my scrolling Blog Buttons for even more!

Find the Author

Follow me on Twitter     /     Be friends with me on Goodreads
Subscribe to my RSS Feed

10 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to have 'met' you. I hope to meet you IRL too :)

    You've got some great blogs on your list and some new ones for me to check out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I already follow some of those blogs, but I'll have to check out the rest--thanks! You're right, Twitter is amazing!

    Here is my post on book blogging relationships!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice post, really warmed my heart to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ah you are too kind. I'm glad to met you too. I love getting to know other bloggers and the other book bloggers are just as awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww... thank you for the shout out!
    I love your blog and I am so glad you started your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that I've met you and a lot of awesome people through book blogging. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great blog picks. Happy to see you sharing the love!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've met some amazing book bloggers as well. Love to have them there for you and to be there for them. It's a special bond, since we book bloggers are in the same situation. That together with amazing friendships is my favourite part about the book blogging community!

    My Nurturing Relationships post can be found here!

    Rebecca @ kindle fever

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww...thanks for the mention! I"m grateful for you too Lisa. You're awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comment and let me know your thoughts on this post.

Twitter Goodreads Email

Recently Read


Blog Archive

Search the Blog!

Learn more about RAK

Book Soulmates
Xpresso Book Tours

Total Pageviews

Copyright

FTC Disclaimer:

In accordance with FTC Guidelines, I have not received any monetary gain for any information posted within the pages of this website/blog. Any and all information has been provided by the publisher, author and or publicist for free. Content is also based on purchases made by myself or of my guest reviewer(s). Any and all opinions expressed within the pages of this website/blog are solely my own or those of the authors of any and all guest reviewers(s) or guest bloggers.



Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Hi, I’m Lisa and I'm a proud bibliophile.

I enjoy reading and reviewing a variety of different books within the Young Adult, "New Adult" & Adult genres/categories. If you have any questions or if you are an author or publisher and would be interested in promoting a book, please feel free email. You can find my email under the "mail" button or under the contact link at the top of the page.

I look forward to hearing from you!


Authors, Publishers & Publicists

Have a book you'd like me to review or Promote? How about doing an Author Interview? Or maybe a Guest Post? Great! I'd love to! For more information about having your book reviewed here, please follow this link for more information:

Reviews, Interviews, Guest Posts and Contest.

Guest Reviewer Jenny

Guest Reviewer Jenny
Click for info & links to her reviews!

My Ratings

When I review I rate from 1 to 5 stars, 5 being the highest rating. I review based on many different things from the writing, to the story - to the characters and how I can relate to them or how they are developed. I also review based on if an author has worked their magic and was able to draw me into a story so deeply that I don't want to put the book down. If you would like me to review a book, please contact me or view my Contact Information and Review Policy for further details.

5 Stars - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!
4 Stars - I Really liked/Loved it.
3 Stars - I liked it/Was pretty good.
2 Stars - It was, eh okay.
1 Star - It just wasn't for me.

Followers

Follow the Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow By Email

Enter your email address:

Grab Me!

Blogs I Love