07 December 2009

Review: Captivate By: Carrie Jones

Title: Captivate
Author: Carrie Jones
Publisher: Bloomsbury USA
From: Publisher for review

Synopsis: Zara and her friends knew they hadn't solved the pixie problem for good. Far from it. The king's needs grow deeper every day he's stuck in captivity, while his control over his people gets weaker. It's made him vulnerable. And now there's a new king in town.


A turf war is imminent, since the new pixie king, Astley, is moving in quickly. Nick nearly killed him in the woods on day one, but Zara came to his rescue. Astley swears that he and Zara are destined to be together, that he's one of the good guys. Nick isn't buying it, though Zara isn't as sure -- despite herself, she wants to trust the new king. But it's a lot more than her relationship with Nick that is at stake. It's her life -- and his.
 
Review: 4.5 stars - Wow, what can I say about Captivate? In my opinion this next chapter in the series was even better then the first book - Need. It was really a great read, which I enjoyed from the first page and hated when it was over. Captivate picks up a couple months after Need left off. (I won't give away anything else of the story so, don't worry for the rest of the review.) It makes feel like you haven't missed a thing.


The characters were the same, yet different in their development. I felt that I still knew who each of the characters were, yet the writing really did shine in allowing me to see just how much they had all grown from the first book. Some of the characters had to deal with some major issues and I was really able to see each of their struggles and joys with the choices they made.

I didn't know exactly where the story was headed from beginning to end. There were some great shocking parts throughout and I always love it when a story keeps me guessing.

The new characters were the perfect addition to the story and will no doubt lead to many more choices for each and every one. With the new and interesting characters and lets not forget about all the lore that was introduced, fit like puzzle pieces into Zara's story... and will only add to the next book. I can't wait to see just where the author takes her characters, the story and us next. The ending left things open to where things for the characters could go.

This is one that I'll be reading again. It was one of the better books I've read so far this year. I can't wait for the next book; I hope that Carrie Jones is writing away on the next book.

FTC Disclaimer: I did not pay for this book, nor have I been compensated at all in any way or means for reading and writing this review.

Find the Author

Follow me on Twitter     /     Be friends with me on Goodreads
Subscribe to my RSS Feed

7 comments:

  1. Great review! I'm so excited to read this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really loved Need so I'm excited for this! And the cover...

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME - I have Need but sorta waiting till closer to Captivate comes out to start it, so I can read them together...It sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review! I can't wait for this one to come out!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so excited about Captive coming out. I cannot wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You guys are all going to LOVE it! It was a great sequel to Need... and leaves you wanting more!

    Enjoy it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just received this from a contest and I can't wait to read it. I loved Need and your review of Captivate makes me want to start it right away.

    ReplyDelete

Comment and let me know your thoughts on this post.

Twitter Goodreads Email

Recently Read


Blog Archive

Search the Blog!

Learn more about RAK

Book Soulmates
Xpresso Book Tours

Total Pageviews

Copyright

FTC Disclaimer:

In accordance with FTC Guidelines, I have not received any monetary gain for any information posted within the pages of this website/blog. Any and all information has been provided by the publisher, author and or publicist for free. Content is also based on purchases made by myself or of my guest reviewer(s). Any and all opinions expressed within the pages of this website/blog are solely my own or those of the authors of any and all guest reviewers(s) or guest bloggers.



Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Hi, I’m Lisa and I'm a proud bibliophile.

I enjoy reading and reviewing a variety of different books within the Young Adult, "New Adult" & Adult genres/categories. If you have any questions or if you are an author or publisher and would be interested in promoting a book, please feel free email. You can find my email under the "mail" button or under the contact link at the top of the page.

I look forward to hearing from you!


Authors, Publishers & Publicists

Have a book you'd like me to review or Promote? How about doing an Author Interview? Or maybe a Guest Post? Great! I'd love to! For more information about having your book reviewed here, please follow this link for more information:

Reviews, Interviews, Guest Posts and Contest.

Guest Reviewer Jenny

Guest Reviewer Jenny
Click for info & links to her reviews!

My Ratings

When I review I rate from 1 to 5 stars, 5 being the highest rating. I review based on many different things from the writing, to the story - to the characters and how I can relate to them or how they are developed. I also review based on if an author has worked their magic and was able to draw me into a story so deeply that I don't want to put the book down. If you would like me to review a book, please contact me or view my Contact Information and Review Policy for further details.

5 Stars - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!
4 Stars - I Really liked/Loved it.
3 Stars - I liked it/Was pretty good.
2 Stars - It was, eh okay.
1 Star - It just wasn't for me.

Followers

Follow the Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow By Email

Enter your email address:

Grab Me!

Blogs I Love