26 October 2009

Review: Hush, Hush By: Becca Fitzpartick

Title: Hush, Hush
Author: Becca Fitzpartick
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing, 400 Pages (October 13, 2009)
From: Purchased from Amazon

Synopsis: For Nora Grey, romance was not part of the plan. She's never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school, no matter how much her best friend, Vee, pushes them at her. Not until Patch came along. With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her, Nora is drawn to him against her better judgment.

But after a series of terrifying encounters, Nora's not sure who to trust. Patch seems to be everywhere she is, and to know more about her than her closest friends. She can't decide whether she should fall into his arms or run and hide. And when she tries to seek some answers, she finds herself near a truth that is way more unsettling than anything Patch makes her feel.

For Nora is right in the middle of an ancient battle between the immortal and those that have fallen - and, when it comes to choosing sides, the wrong choice will cost her life.

Review: 5 Stars - I really enjoyed this book and the whole idea of the story. I read it in one sitting and just didn't want to put it down. It was a nice change to read about fallen angels, and the storyline had drawn me in that I couldn't wait to find out what was about to happen next.

The characters were written in a way that really showed each of their personalities. Patch, at least for me was mysterious in ways that I never really got a clear view of him in my mind. Dressed head to toe in black with black eyes he always appeared more of a shadow, or a silhouette, someone that wanted you to remember them for how snarky they were instead of remembering them for what they looked like. Well, at least for me that's how I felt. I can understand why Nora would have been both drawn to him yet also wanted to run from him. With these feelings she seemed to always be a mixed bundle of nerves and emotions, always edger to try to sort them out, to make light of if all.

There were only a couple things throughout the book that had me questioning things, however for the most part none of them took away from the overall story in the least. It would have been nice to have a bit more background on the whole fallen angel thing and angels in general in the world that Becca Fitzpatrick has created for us. I just hope that we see more of that in the next installments. The only other thing was that I felt it all ended too soon! Isn't always a good thing when a book leaves you wanting more?

Action, mystery, love and a bit of suspense, helped to make this a great read. One that I'm sure I'll read again. I'm looking forward to the next in the series that, and as always, it won't be out soon enough. If you haven't read this one yet, be sure to pick it up soon. Happy reading!

Find the Author

Follow me on Twitter     /     Be friends with me on Goodreads
Subscribe to my RSS Feed

3 comments:

  1. I've seen this book at my local bookstore, but haven't quite got around to picking it up yet. I think I will next time I'm there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a great read and trust me, you'll want to read more when your finished.

    Enjoy it when you pick it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not as fond of this book as you are... I found it quite entertaining, but I wasn't that into the plot. Nora's bestfriend made me cringe, Nora herself made me want to slap her a couple of times and Patch was a little too much sometimes. I liked to read the book but I was waiting for something else.
    The sequel was more my cup of tea.

    ReplyDelete

Comment and let me know your thoughts on this post.

Twitter Goodreads Email

Recently Read


Blog Archive

Search the Blog!

Learn more about RAK

Book Soulmates
Xpresso Book Tours

Total Pageviews

Copyright

FTC Disclaimer:

In accordance with FTC Guidelines, I have not received any monetary gain for any information posted within the pages of this website/blog. Any and all information has been provided by the publisher, author and or publicist for free. Content is also based on purchases made by myself or of my guest reviewer(s). Any and all opinions expressed within the pages of this website/blog are solely my own or those of the authors of any and all guest reviewers(s) or guest bloggers.



Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Hi, I’m Lisa and I'm a proud bibliophile.

I enjoy reading and reviewing a variety of different books within the Young Adult, "New Adult" & Adult genres/categories. If you have any questions or if you are an author or publisher and would be interested in promoting a book, please feel free email. You can find my email under the "mail" button or under the contact link at the top of the page.

I look forward to hearing from you!


Authors, Publishers & Publicists

Have a book you'd like me to review or Promote? How about doing an Author Interview? Or maybe a Guest Post? Great! I'd love to! For more information about having your book reviewed here, please follow this link for more information:

Reviews, Interviews, Guest Posts and Contest.

Guest Reviewer Jenny

Guest Reviewer Jenny
Click for info & links to her reviews!

My Ratings

When I review I rate from 1 to 5 stars, 5 being the highest rating. I review based on many different things from the writing, to the story - to the characters and how I can relate to them or how they are developed. I also review based on if an author has worked their magic and was able to draw me into a story so deeply that I don't want to put the book down. If you would like me to review a book, please contact me or view my Contact Information and Review Policy for further details.

5 Stars - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!
4 Stars - I Really liked/Loved it.
3 Stars - I liked it/Was pretty good.
2 Stars - It was, eh okay.
1 Star - It just wasn't for me.

Followers

Follow the Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow By Email

Enter your email address:

Grab Me!

Blogs I Love